Quality Manager, East Midlands
Location: East Midlands
Job type: Permanent
I am currently recruiting an experienced Quality Manager for my client who is a well-established Packaging company based in Nottingham.
• Review the quality system as appropriate to ensure full compliance with customer and company best practice guidelines and maximize effectiveness of production contributing to consistent operational performance and standards whilst ensuring conformance to ISO9001:2008 and PS9000:2001 and environmental standards and accreditations
• Provide authoritative guidance and advice on all aspects of quality to the site management team and employees; train and coach employees improving knowledge and skills in quality improvement
• Recruit, develop, motivate and manage a QA team that optimises quality operations and is flexible in the support it offers the business, meeting current and future needs
• Establish and develop professional working relationships with customers, providing a technical service and reference point as required to support the company’s products and reputation as a quality supplier
• Manage the customer complaint procedure; facilitate the investigation of quality problems, faults and non conformances with production teams; manage corrective and preventative problems to ensure quality standards are maintained. Initiate and control robust investigations to provide corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) and support the complaints handling process and participate in implementing improvement actions to prevent re-occurring issues.
• The facilitation of customer facing activities and communications including customer visits, responses and preparation of information whilst leading site audit activities (external body, internal and customer)
• Lead quality initiatives and focus groups to support knowledge and understanding of all operatives and grow awareness of quality issues to improve quality
• Promote a total quality philosophy at all levels developing a culture of right first time and continuous improvement
• Develop an Integrated Quality Management System including quality and environmental
• Internal Auditor qualification
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Quality role at a senior or management level
• Experience in a manufacturing/production environment ideally with experience within a pharmaceutical environment
• H&S qualification or Degree qualified (desirable)
What’s on Offer?
• A salary of circa £40,000
• Company benefits
If the above role could be of interest and you would like further information please call Jamie Clayton at D R Newitt Recruitment on 0131 226 5060 or send an email over to email@example.com