Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
Location: Stoke On Trent
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
About the company:
Our client are a large well known FMCG Food Manufacturing business looking to strengthen the Transport division with a Transport Manager.
As Transport Manager, you'll be managing the central vehicle team operations, compliance and administration along with the daily responsibility for a dedicated team of 45 drivers.
Key responsibilities are:
• Vehicle compliance, maintenance and safety
• Maintenance Scheduling with third party workshops
• Ensure all activities are customer focussed
• Driver routing and scheduling whilst managing driver hour compliance
• Full P&L responsibility and close monitoring and management of budgets
• Booking and checking skip permits with the council
• Ensuring all aspects of the vehicle operation confirm to all relevant legislations and maintain all documentation and systems required to fulfil 'O' license requirements.
• Daily staff PPE requirements
• Yard stock ordering
• Delivery and collection management
• Maintaining process of procedures for driver management including all insurance and disciplinary requirements.
• Dealing with Insurance claims
Requirements of the Transport Manager:
• Strong experience in Transport
• Transport Manager CPC Qualification
• Experience with scheduling drivers and vehicle maintenance
• Strong communication and people management skills
• Ability to implement and enhance processes
• Good IT skills