Location: North Wales
Job type: Permanent
Line Manager: Operations Director
My client are a well-known manufacturer in the North Wales area who manufacture, produce and deliver own label products are looking for a Despatch Manager. The products are then distributed into independent, multi retail and wholesalers within the chilled food sector.
The purpose of this position is to co-ordinate and manage the whole despatch area as well as responding to the product orders, manage stock control and monitor traceability.
Salary - £25,000 - £28,000
• Fulfil all orders, ensuring they are despatched to customers on time
• Work alongside the quality team to positive release the product to the highest standard possible
• Show leadership in the despatch area to keeps a high morale and good working environment.
• Manage arrangement of holiday cover and weekend working
• Ensure all monitoring forms are completed accurately.
• Implement changes to despatch to offer cost reductions to the business. Discuss any changes with Operations and Transport Manager
• Produce a monthly report on the performance of despatch identifying areas to improve as well as mentoring the team beneath you
• Monitor and respond to supermarket orders on EDI system and ability to trace product dates.
• Monitor refrigeration equipment; inform Operations Manager of any problems
• Liaise with the Production Manager and Factory Manager daily to indicate how much volume needs to be produced for the following day’s production.
• Keep product waste levels to a minimum.
• Address and answer customer queries and complaints related to despatch and transport
• Maintain and develop customer relationships
• Supervise despatch team of drivers, despatch operatives and vehicles; schedule tasks
• Organise maintenance and service of vehicles with Transport Manager
• Previous or current experience within the management of processes/procedures
• Customer service
• Experience within a Food/FMCG background
• Transport Legislation is essential
• Welsh Speaker is desirable
• COSHH and H+S requirements
• EDI systems
In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package alongside excellent career prospects.
If you would like to be considered for this role please upload your CV today. If you have any questions please contact Jade Taylor at D R Newitt on 0161 833 0181.