Assistant Production, Planning, Stock & Cost Control
Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
Assistant Stock Planning/Cost Control Manager
Salary £30,000 - £35,000 + benefits
My client is a well-known market leader within the food manufacturing & services industry based in Manchester. We want to engage with enthusiastic individuals looking to grow and take on a challenge within Procurement & packaging but not limited to this area from and FMCG environment.
Purpose of the role
• Responsibility for the procurement of the multi-million-pound sourced packaging portfolio.
• Analyse and resolve packaging related production issues. Lead follow up actions with suppliers.
• Monitoring of packaging suppliers and initiating regular cost tenders ensuring the business is buying at the most competitive price.
• Manage a team, develop and maintain procedures for producing accurate and timely yield and downtime reports.
• Liaise with production staff / use and develop costing systems and other information to produce product costs.
• Attend daily meetings with department’s heads advising on performances and status of upcoming product launches/changes - to assist with associated action plans.
• Managerial experience - responsible for directing and overseeing daily packaging procurement, yield and downtime reporting.
• Keen attention to detail - submitting business costings.
• Pragmatic approach to solving problems - whilst working well under pressure.
• Vocal and effective communicator - due to cross functional touch points within business.
• Strong IT skills, particularly in Microsoft excel.
• Impeccable organisation, planning and prioritisation skills.
Key words: Materials planner, buyer, packaging, raw materials, purchasing