IT Technical Services Manager, North West England
Sector: IT & Digital
Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
IT Technical Services Manager - VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix, Windows Server, Windows 10
IT Technical Services Manager required to join a leading Manufacturer based in Manchester.
You will be responsible for a team of 4 and manage the day to day provision of the IT desktop services. The focus if this role will be on organising the Technical Services Team in such a way that the highest level of service can be provided to external and internal customers in accordance with the businesses objectives.
- Responsible for the provision of the Citrix environment, the Microsoft product suite, Anti-Virus systems, supporting desktop & server applications and the chosen mobility solutions, ensuring they meet the IT strategy of providing robust, stable and supported systems
- Monitor, maintain & report on overall system performance of Citrix.
- Manage and maintain our existing estate whilst driving efficiencies, performance improvements, new technology, innovation and best practice
- Translate business requirements and user needs into measurable improvement through technology
- Ensure we get full benefit from our software and hardware estate
- Solve problems through smart technology solutions, identify quick wins, deliver proof of concepts, prove value and deliver quickly to a high quality
- All IT Security Assurance activities managing both internal and external resources.
- Ensures effective control and assurance frameworks are in place relation to the management of IT Security controls.
- Schedules, plans and coordinates IT Security assurance and governance activities
- Acts as the main point of liaison for IT security compliance
- Deliver IT Security assurance compliance for all aspects of IT including internal assurance and compliance reviews
- Develops and implements IT Security control assurance frameworks to ensure that new systems and processes are implemented in line with IT Security Standards.
- Develop and manage Cyber Security Strategy for the organisation and is responsible for ensuring the correct implementation of the strategy through assurance frameworks.
- Maintain a knowledge base of IT Security controls and best practices for assurance.
- Act as technical liaison/architect on new operations/infrastructure/network projects
- Accountable for software lifecycle management, responsible for managing software updates policies and schedules.
- Ensuring that vendor licensing models are adhered to, using Software Asset Management (SAM) principles
- Using the Microsoft SCCM tool, to ensure systems and software versions are patched to the right level across the organisation.
- Detailed understanding of the day to day of IT operations in an enterprise setting
- A detailed and wide technical knowledge on Microsoft operating systems server and desktop and Citrix product suites – including but not limited to VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix hypervisor, Windows server, Windows 10
- Demonstrable knowledge managing desktop and server operating systems and applications in an enterprise setting
- Extensive knowledge of Citrix Hypervisor, Xenapp for desktop and application delivery
- Extensive knowledge of desktop application, installation and support
- At least 3 years experience leading an Operational Team in similar role
- Proven ability to analyse, evaluate, apply and implement security controls to align server, desktop and network security policies, best practices, strategies and specific standards
- Demonstrable high level of technical competency and investigative ability to provide superior analytical skills in solving complex technical problems
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally to a wide range of people from managerial, technical and non-technical backgrounds, with an emphasis on customer satisfaction
- Practical experience ensuring relevant security frameworks and standards are achieved through accreditation. E.g.Cyber Essentials & Cyber Essentials Plus etc
- Hand on security skills in an enterprise environment – OS & Application hardening, group policy configuration, security baseline, vulnerability scanning and remediation, firewalls, AV scanning, application whitelisting, encryption, certificate authority management.
As the Technical Services Manager you can expect a competitive salary + car allowance + private healthcare.
If you would like to find out more information in regards to this role then please apply and contact Max Lynn at our Manchester office.