IT Support Technician, East Scotland
Sector: IT & Digital
Location: East Scotland
Job type: Permanent
IT Support Technician - Windows - Microsoft - Cisco - Networking
An IT Support Technician is required to join a growing IS department at a multi-million pound company in Fife. In this role you will be part of a key service department committed to delivering and supporting dynamic solutions across a fast-moving environment.
Support, training and mentoring will be provided giving scope for both personal and career development.
Applicants should have excellent customer oriented skills and enjoy resolving technology problems encountered by users.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Logging, tracking and resolving customer technical problems (escalating where necessary)
- Communicating with customers by phone, email and face to face
- Working as part of a team to deliver a pro-active problem resolution service
- Ensuring that all software purchased/installed meets our rigorous software assurance requirement
- Operational administration of a Cisco Telephone system
- Ensuring all procedures and other documentation is kept up to date and followed
- Involvement in projects within the department and across the organisation
- Knowledge of Cisco networks
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Investigative and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Adaptable to an ever-changing environment
- Ability to create new and follow existing policies and procedures
- This is a great opportunity to raise your profile in a dynamic and challenging environment.
As part of the role you will be responsible for on-call support on a rota basis.