Hygiene Operative, Central Scotland
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
An opportunity has arisen for a Hygiene Operative based at our clients food manufacturing plant in Edinburgh. Reporting to the Site Manager you will be responsible for carrying out cleaning duties in order to maintain an efficient site hygiene operation under direction of the team leader, thereby achieving and maintaining a high hygiene standard, in line with food safety requirements.
• Working safely by adhering to the sites "only zero is acceptable" safety policy.
• Helping to ensure a high standard of cleaning and hygiene on site to achieve audit readiness at all times (including GMP audits and accurate record keeping).
• Assist the Hygiene Supervisor to ensure effective pest control management.
• Completion of the hygiene schedule including effective communication with department heads to identify and focus on priorities.
• Ensure a high standard of cleanliness of site facilities including office cleaning, toilets, locker room, canteen etc…
• Helping to ensure effective waste and environmental control including good segregation and disposal procedures.
• Effective coordination with the waste recycling contractor including the ordering and co-ordination of skips.
• Effective control of the relevant consumable stocks.
• Carrying out internal bulk tank cleaning operation on a scheduled basis, entering confined spaces.
• Carrying out site pest control activities and IPM involvement.
• Good knowledge and experience of all aspects concerning hygiene, Safety and Health, pest control and food safety, and company site standards
• Pest control awareness
• Food safety awareness
• Record keeping
• The ability to communicate effectively with other staff and departments
• Challenging tasks, short decision-making processes and a high level of personal responsibility in a modern work environment with flexible work time models.
• Room for innovative thinking and growth with the possibility to manage your own career path.
• A company culture which promotes continuous learning and diversity.
• Excellent career opportunities in a world leading nutrition company.
• An attractive salary of £20,5000, including a variety of social benefits.
• Working hours of 07.30 – 16.00 Monday to Friday
If you are interested in this position, then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.
Due to the high number of applications, you will only be contacted if your CV is of interest to the role.