Our client is one of the UK’s leading food manufacturing brands. The food industry is very fast paced, demanding, and constantly developing, therefore the people the company looks to join them have a great personality and the drive to exceed the customers’ expectations.
A new vacancy has arisen to join the companies hygiene team, the role available is a Hygiene Manager and is situated in the North East of Scotland – a more specific location is available on the application. The role holder will be responsible for managing a team whose main focus is to maintain and improve the hygiene standards within the factory.
• Responsible for ensuring the production area and all peripheral areas of the factory are cleaned to an exceptionally high standard.
• Ensuring the team pays close attention to detail when breaking down, cleaning and reassembling machinery.
• Management of the team and ensuring factory tasks are delegated equally and completed within a timely manner.
• Participating in hygiene, Free From and customer/BRC audits as and when required.
• Ensuring all documentation and forms are completed and maintained including Cleaning Instruction Cards (CIC's) and all required cleaning is signed off daily.
• Identifying any skill shortages within the team and carrying out training as and when required. This includes ensuring all members of the team are trained in safe chemical handling and can clean to a gluten free standard.
• Maintaining stock levels to ensure there is adequate cleaning materials and chemicals but balancing this with the need to maintain minimum stock value and control expenditure.
• This is a Night Shift role.
• Experience of working within a compliance and standards driven environment – British Retail Consortium (BRC), ISO14001 Environmental Management.
• A good understanding of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations.
• Level 3 Food Safety Certificate.
• Level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate.
• Understanding of Health and Safety legislation and regulations.
• Strong planning and organisational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines.
• A team player.
What’s on offer?
• The opportunity to take on a role that is highly visible in a market leading company.
• Current starting salary is £30,000 – £45,000, depending on experience.
• Six weeks annual leave per year, this includes statutory holiday days.
• Other benefits available after a successful six-month probationary period.
If you would like to be considered for this excellent opportunity, then please get in touch with me ASAP. Upload your CV to apply or call me for more information.