Technical Baker, North West England
Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
Technical/Commercial Baker – Chester
DR Newitt are delighted to be partnering with one of our leading Bakery clients to recruit a Technical Baker into a key position within their Commercial Team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Baker and someone who is a master of their trade to take on more of a commercially-focussed position within a highly successful bakery business. You must have a passion for concept, development and improvement of bakery products, as well as an expert knowledge of new food trends and the main bakery brands. We are looking for an experienced Baker as some of the role will require rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in with the development/troubleshooting of products. Please be aware that this is a field-based role across the North West.
The main responsibilities of this Technical/Commercial Baker position include:
• Working closely with the sales team, ensuring that products and suppliers are able to meet customer’s needs
• Evaluating the success of new product development and product enhancements
• Offering bakery product/process advice for customers and visiting customers where necessary
• Undertaking market reviews, product development sessions and customer presentations
• Managing the day to day running of the Test Bakery
• Working cross-functionally with other teams on new/ existing product development projects from brief to launch
• Supporting the sales team with demonstrations/NPD ideas/application information for larger customer presentations and national accounts
The ideal candidate for this Technical/Commercial Baker role will have/be:
• An experienced Baker
• Expert knowledge of new food trends and the main bakery brands
• Strong presentation skills
• Commercially-aware, ambitious and self-motivated
The successful candidate will be remunerated with a highly competitive salary reflective of their skills and experience within the industry. Circa £40 – 60K DOE
If this role is of interest, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 0161 833 0181 and ask for Hazel.