Senior NPD Technologist, South Wales
Sector: New Product Development
Location: South Wales
Job type: Permanent
Senior New Product Development (NPD) Technologist – Cardiff
DR Newitt are delighted to be partnering with a company that specialises in the development, manufacture and supply of globally-inspired products, particularly Eastern flavours and Asian spices. They are a globally-recognised name and work closely with a range of leading manufacturers including Greencore, Bakkavor, Kerry Foods and HelloFresh.
They have a really interesting range of products and they are a small, close-knit team. Reporting directly to the Development Manager and working closely with the MD, you will be joining a team of 3 in the NPD team and 13 in the wider team. They are now looking for someone with a good level of experience in NPD who’s a good communicator with strong negotiation skills who can lead up their NPD division. Above all they are looking for someone who really shares in their passion for food and for Eastern flavours!
The main responsibilities of this Senior New Product Development (NPD) Technologist will include:
• Managing the concept, development, trial and manufacturing processes of new/existing product ideas
• Organising the day to day functions and running of the Product Development Department
• Dealing with sample requests from the sales team, customers or senior management
• Formulating and creating product design, development and performance of new and existing products by liaising with any relevant parties
• Meeting and liaising with new and existing customers to ensure their requirements are met
• Upgrading existing products with new technologies and raw materials as required
• Supervise the scaling-up of kitchen samples into factory production to ensure consistency in product and safety
The ideal candidate for this Senior New Product Development (NPD) Technologist role will have/be:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Substantial food manufacturing experience
• Good planning, organisation and communication skills
• Ability to work autonomously and with a high degree of initiative
• Project management experience
• A real passion for food!
If this role is of interest, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or give me a call on 0161 833 0181 and ask for Hazel.