Process Technologist, West Midlands
Sector: New Product Development
Location: West Midlands
Job type: Permanent
Process Technologist – West Midlands
DR Newitt are delighted to be partnering with a leading Meat and Poultry food products manufacturer during a time of massive growth and investment. This site has recently undergone a huge c. £100m investment into their facilities so this is an absolutely fantastic time to get involved with exciting opportunities to develop.
A key member of the Innovation team, the main focus of this Process Technologist role is to manage all product scale-up projects. You will be assessing existing factory equipment as well as meeting with new manufacturing equipment suppliers to assess suitability and consider how best to develop and streamline the facilities at this leading site.
The main responsibilities of this Process Technologist role will include:
• Devising and implementing the industrial process to ensure that products developed by the New Product Development department can be produced at factory level on a multi-site scale-up basis
• Ensuring that all technical, food safety and product specifications meet company, customer and legal requirements
• Assessing existing factory equipment and process suitability
• Leading on new manufacturing equipment selection
• Designing and running line trials and assessing the results of these, making improvements where necessary and ensuring production operators are able to run the process
• The role provides considerable opportunity to grow professionally, become a subject matter expert and travel internationally with opportunities to develop relationships with customers based all over the world
The ideal candidate for this Process Technologist role will have:
• A Degree or foundation in Food Technology or a relevant Science or applied Science subject
• Previous demonstrated experience in the food industry in an NPD / Development / Manufacturing position
• Understanding of HACCP and Microbiological standards
• Experience in gathering and agreeing technical standards, demonstrating knowledge of regulatory requirements for food safety and labelling
• Experience in processing Poultry / Meat highly preferred
• Project management experience
• Full driving licence and willingness to travel according to the needs of the role
If this role is of interest, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or give me a call on 0161 833 0181 and ask for Hazel.