Our client are a large food distribution company, based in Edinburgh but with a nationwide reach. A new vacancy has been created for a Human Resources Manager to take charge of this busy and fast-paced site.
This role is suited to an experienced HR professional, preferably with a background in Food & Drink or from a similarly fast-paced environment. CIPD qualified or sufficient experience in a similar role is highly desirable.
Please note that this role will require the successful candidate to be on site 5 days per week.
• To lead and manage the HR function of this large site with c100 employees whilst achieving all HR and Training targets
• Handling payroll and staffing needs for the full team – weekly and monthly paid staff
• Effective implementation of staff performance tools – KPI’s and targets
• Accurate forecasting of staff requirements – Permanent, Contracts and Temporary Agency staff as well as salary reviews and negotiations
• To maintain an up to date knowledge of all relevant HR policy and procedural legislation
• You will also be expected to take responsibility for some other tasks, more in line with office management – ordering of staff uniforms, utilities contracts, insurance documentation, ordering of sundries etc.
• Staff management – part of this role is management of a team, made up of staff members from Finance and Administration departments.
• An experienced HR Manager– ideally from the FMCG industry
• An effective communicator at all levels
• CIPD qualified (level 5 is attractive)
• Strong IT systems user
What’s on offer?
• A generous salary and benefits package
• The opportunity to work for a company that values its employees and is keen to offer opportunities for promotion when possible
If you would like to be considered for this role, please upload your CV today. If you have any questions, please contact Martin Bryce at DR Newitt.