HSE Lead, Central Scotland
Sector: Health & Safety
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client, a successful FMCG manufacturer who continues to produce high quality products for a range of customers, an exciting opportunity for an HSE Lead to join their Management team.
To provide a service across the designated site covering all aspects of HSE management, training, and general site services. Providing technical expertise to members of management and act as a competent person as defined under prevailing statute.
• Review and develop all aspects of the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and activity, and ensure that it is implemented across the business
• Development of Health and Safety Management systems to ensure that all operations are documented and controlled in a manner consistent with current legislation & regulations
• Conducting of regular site audits and leading Health and Safety related meetings
• Undertaking risk assessment processes to identify hazards and to ensure that appropriate control measures are in place.
• Investigation and follow up of accident and near miss and ensuring notification requirements are met Working with Departmental Managers and supervisors to ensure staff are fully trained & instructed in all job requirements consistent with Health and Safety Policies
• Ensure that appropriate records are maintained in compliance with legal requirements and that necessary notices are displayed and reviewed.
• Minimum NEBOSH Certificate, ideally NEBOSH Diploma.
• IEMA or other relevant Environmental qualification.
• Good knowledge with UK H&S & Environmental Legislation.
• PC literate including being able to work with Microsoft Office
• Able to present written and verbal reports that are understood by the target audience. Can communicate with both internal and external contacts and stakeholders at all levels.
• Min. 2 years post qualification, Health & Safety & Environment experience in a manufacturing/FMCG (Food industry experience would be an advantage.)
• Familiar with UK H&S & Environmental Legislation.
• Training needs analysis and implementation of training plans
• Preparation and delivery of induction and H&S skills/awareness training.
What’s on offer?
• A competitive salary dependant on experience
• Monday to Thursday 07.30-16.00, Friday from 07.00 - 14.45.
• Private contributory pension.
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV to Simon Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01312265060.