HR Manager, Yorkshire
Sector: Human Resources
Job type: Permanent
Are you a HR Manager looking for your next opportunity to work for a multi-million pound manufacturing company? If so, carry on reading…
This opportunity offers you the chance to manage a site of 1000 employees, have 5 direct reports and work for a progressive and innovative company.
You will benefit from excellent training & development opportunities, Employee assistance programme, 33 days holiday, company pension, plus much more.
The HR Manager will have experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with HR Management experience. It would also be beneficial to have experience working with Trade Unions, been involved in the implementation of new HR & Payroll systems and have a CIPD qualification, although not essential.
In this role you will have 5 direct reports and be responsible for 1000 employees. You will be working in a busy, fast paced environment and have a wide range of responsibilities, some of which include:
- Delivering the site HR Plan, e.g. engagement improvement plans, communication plans, reward schemes, collective bargaining with the trade union, training, upskilling line managers
- ER caseload management, advising managers on process and risk management and ensuring compliance with Company policies and procedures. This will include providing advice and coaching in relation to the process from investigation to appeal, drafting and verifying correspondence, ensuring that consistent outcomes are applied and acting as Company witness and note taker as required
- Develop and maintain an effective partnership with the recognised Trade Union ensuring consultation and communication practices are adhered to
- Facilitate the performance appraisal and PDP process for the Hull Site
- Conduct training and development with the site teams on HR procedures and policy
- Proactively identify, develop and implement improvements to systems and procedures
- Managing / support HR projects under the guidance of the Head of HR
- Support the site general manager in running the employee forum
- Oversee the management of HR administration processes on site, including but not limited to starters, leavers, contractual changes, management of information within the HR system
- Provide employee relations advice, support and training to line management, e.g. discipline, grievance; performance management, absence.
If you would like to know more, please contact Abbie on 0161 833 0181