HR Assistant- Permanent Role, North Wales
Sector: Human Resources
Location: North Wales
Job type: Permanent
HR ASSISTANT- PERMANENT ROLE
Our client is a successful and well-established Manufacturer and a market leader. With an impressive range of customers in place now is an excellent time to join this progressive company. It is also important to stress that this business has been very resilient to the COVID climate and the popularity of their products has shown no sign of diminishing...
The HR Assistant alongside HR Manager will provide an effective and efficient administrative and advisory support to all Company employees during the whole employee life cycle. The role holder will be first point of contact for all HR related queries and assists in ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered too, ensuring fairness across working practices and help deliver the HR strategy. To deputise for HR Manager in periods of absence.
• Be the first point of contact for all HR related queries, providing sound advice and guidance inline with company policies and procedures and employment law requirements.
• All HR administrative duties for weekly paid employees and processing activities covering the whole employee life cycle (starters – contracts of employment, leavers, change to terms and conditions, probationary reviews, one to ones, absence monitoring etc) in a timely manner and to a high standard
• Support on all case management – including providing advise to management and employees during investigations, grievances and disciplinaries, taking accurate minutes and writing invites and outcomes – maintain compliance.
• Maintaining and updating employee records, files and trackers – both electronic and paper based
• Manage Occupational Health programme, working alongside the factory to ensure the schedule is achievable and highlighting any concerns to Production Manager, HR Manager and HSE manager appropriately.
• Assist in the implementation of specific HR projects, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the HR department and of the organisation.
• Attend weekly HR/Payroll meeting to ensure all changes are processed correctly through payroll
• Actively understand internal manning requirements by sending daily Factory Manning report
• Contact employees as part of Absence Management process
• Maintain and update HR communication notice boards with relevant communications
• Be first point of contact for temporary staff requirement agencies and manage the day-to-day pipeline requirements of new starters
• Working alongside Training Officer to agree and schedule new starter inductions in line with requirements
• Manage the Temp to Perm 12-week agency worker programme from start to finish, including working alongside production to ensure new starter passports are being completed
• Provide support by arranging and assisting in interviews where required
• Ensure due diligence checks are completed and legal compliance is always maintained – Right to work checks – modern slavery etc.
• Provide HR KPI’s relating to cases, recruitment, performance, and reviews
• Champion a culture of “team” at all levels and develop a culture where employee engagement and communication are actively promoted
• Uphold Company values and behaviours by leading by example in all professional working practices
• This is not an exhaustive list and the role holder may be required to carry out any reasonable duty that is requested within the role
• Experience working in a similar role
• CIPD qualified to at least Level 3.
• Strong knowledge of core HR matters.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to interact with employees at all levels.
Hours – 40 hours - Monday to Friday 08:00am to 16:30pm
Benefits – Salary sacrifice pension, death in service, competitive salary, opportunity to progress / upskill
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.