HR Advisor, North East England
Sector: Human Resources
Location: North East England
Job type: Permanent
Newly created HR Advisor position with a highly successful, established & growing food manufacturer based in North Lincolnshire.
This is a very fast-paced commercial environment with unionised workers alongside a lot of a contractors or agency staff. The business is constantly evolving and growing, and when there are issues it’s not dealt with through emails, portals or online forms. Instead, your office is an open door and you deal with the team mostly face to face.
Culture fit is very important for the business & HR team - they have a trusting relationship, where they all pitch in to help out, know how to have a laugh and when to step up. Across the business there is excellent staff retention & internal promotions have always been prioritised. However, there has been a lot of growth over the last 2 years so there’s a good mix of old & new faces, new ideas & ways of thinking.
This is an office-based role. Working Mon-Fri, office hours. £30-35k with wiggle room for the right candidate.
• Work closely with line manager in matters relating to employment law, employee relations, resourcing, staff development and performance management to engage/foster and positive spirit for the site team.
• With line managers, develop to identify training & development needs up to and including SMT, through performance appraisals and PDRs.
• Support site with implementing manufacturing improvement plans.
• Monitor WTD with operations and proactively work on ways to reduce excessive working hours.
• To ensure site is audit ready from a HR-perspective
• Encourage attendance and manage absences/long-term sickness absence.
• Be a primary POC for HR queries.
• To understand, develop & promote the site HR plan
• Must have HR experience within a commercial FMCG environment.
• Must have experience working with unionised workers.
• Must have strong IT skills, in particular excel & PowerPoint.
• CIPD qualified gained within a HR, unionised production environment.
If you think you could be interested, please apply today for a confidential call back to discuss the role & your experience in more detail. Your CV will never be submitted before this.