Health & Safety Manager, East Midlands
Sector: Health & Safety
Location: East Midlands
Job type: Permanent
Are you looking to work for a successful Food Manufacturer?
My client is a well-established company that has built a strong reputation through a combination of tradition and innovation. Now is an excellent time to join this forward thinking business...
End to end responsibility for the review, development, implementation and monitoring of the factory Health and Safety management systems, to ensure the safety of staff, visitors and contractors, in line with current Health and Safety and associated legislation. This role also has responsibility for the line management of the Health and Safety industrial team.
HEALTH & SAFETY
• Promotes safety awareness and maintain a proactive stance towards safety within the production plant
• To ensure the compliance with the work safety regulations and monitor the proper implementation
• Review and develop all aspects of the Health and Safety Policy and activity, and ensure that it is implemented consistently across the company
• Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming Health and Safety legislation and ensure that the plant has systems and procedures in place to meet legal compliance
• Work proactively with managers and other key staff to establish and maintain a program of continuous improvement in the management of Health and Safety within their areas of responsibility, which includes conducting regular audits
• Ensure that rigorous risk assessment and accident management systems are in place, to undertake risk assessment processes to identify hazards and to ensure that appropriate control measures are in place
• Maintain a central record of all risk assessments and monitor recording within plant. Approve risk assessments for visits, work experience and workplace assessments
• Discuss areas for improvement with relevant staff and/or external bodies and agree appropriate corrective action
• Assist with fire risk assessments according to an agreed schedule and in line with legal requirements
• Liaise with Occupational Health Service staff on health surveillance where a risk assessment has identified a need, including carrying out stress risk assessments when required. Maintain appropriate records
• Ensure that appropriate records are maintained in compliance with legal requirements and that necessary notices are displayed and reviewed
• Attend regular update training on Health and Safety legislation and the application of key policies in an educational institution and advise top management team of key developments and areas for change/improvement
• Operates in accordance with Group guidelines to recruit, manage, motivate, coach and develop their team
• Assures an effective and efficient management of assigned personnel defining activities planning
• Guarantees own resources professional development, evaluating people and proposing training and development initiatives
• Defines with the development needs and the actions required
• Supervises the implementation of industrial H&S training programs
You must have a proven track record in Health and Safety within a manufacturing environment. NEBOSH certificate is a must have, Diploma or interest in working towards Diploma is desirable.
Mon-Fri Office Hours
Benefits include 10% Bonus (Has been paid out for last 6 years)
Pension where you put in up to 10% and the company contributes the same and an additional 2.5%! i.e you put in 10%, Company puts in 12.5%!
Private medical, eye care, dental
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.