Our client is one of the UK’s leading food brands. The food industry is very fast paced, demanding, and constantly developing, therefore the people the company looks to join them have a great personality and the drive to exceed the customers’ expectations.
A new vacancy has arisen to join the company’s busy team, the role available is a Health & Safety Manager and is situated in the North of Scotland – a more specific location is available on the application. The successful candidate will be responsible for all strategic guidance to the Board of Directors on all Health, Safety and Environmental matters.
• To support the development of a strong Health and Safety focused culture across the business and promote good safety behaviours.
• Have extensive knowledge in Health and Safety legislation and best practice to assist with compliance and continuous improvement.
• Support the development of measurement systems to ensure that Health and Safety performance are accurately monitored.
• To liaise with employees, subcontractors and suppliers on Health and Safety matters as required.
• To identify possible operational risks or opportunities, and work with operational teams to ensure an appropriate and effective response.
• To support the development of briefing and communication strategies to ensure that the Health and Safety plan and important information is understood and operated by all employees and subcontractors.
• Coaching and supporting project teams to generate new solutions to common, everyday issues.
• To comply with all GDPR regulations.
• NEBOSH Diploma and other relevant H&S qualifications
• Health and Safety experience
• Full driving license
• Excellent communications skills and ability to work well with a wide range of people
• Drive and enthusiasm with the ability to promote a positive Health and Safety culture
• Working knowledge of CDM
What’s on offer?
• The opportunity to take on a role that is highly visible in a market leading company.
• Current starting salary is £40,000 – £50,000.
• 32 Days Holiday Per Year
• Competitive company pension Scheme
If you would like to be considered for this excellent opportunity, then please get in touch with Craig Russell ASAP. Upload your CV to apply or call me on 0131 226 5060 for more information.