Head Production Chef
Im working with a multicultural food manufacturing facility serving the NHS, foodservice and Co manufacturing for other ready prepared ready meal brands. This is a fantastic opportunity to have real impact and add value to brands that are making serious waves in the food industry. We are dedicated to supplying the NHS with stunning meals to improve morale, nutrition and inclusivity, expanding to Foodservice and helping other brands launch amazing delicious food into foodservice and retail.
My client is an innovative and exciting food manufacturer that started its journey in street-food at UK’s most high-end festivals, celebrity weddings and corporate events and has now moved to Food Manufacturing and Co Manufacturing.
This role would include food production, research, planning, costing, CCPs, leading a team, creative work and working closely in a start up scale up environment. Would suit someone who is a real foodie, wants to see diversity and wants to really be hands on and impactful and wants to see change in the food industry.
• Creating new ready meals, menu ideas and food products, recipe creation and matching recipes to manufacturing processes.
• NPD – New product development (NPD) designing new products, costing and leading a team to production.
• Create and follow meticulously detailed NPD stage gate process
• EPD Environmental Product Declarations– review current products,
• update products, process and commercials.
• Implementing factory processes, sterilisation processes, and production line management.
• Coordinating production deadlines and ordering stock with Production Planner
• Responding to the findings of sensory and taste panels.
• Working with the findings from food technicians and nutritional laboratory results.
• Staying ahead of consumer taste trends.
The Right Person
• You will be someone who is passionate about cultural and ethnic food.
• Enjoy working in a scale up business where a Can Do attitude is a must
• You will be self-motivated and focused on the product as well as having the ability to demonstrate initiative and ownership.
• You will enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues, be flexible and adaptable to new challenges and change.
• The ideal candidate will also have a highly recommended track record working in food manufacturing or major events.
• You will be someone who desires to see changes in the food industry around cultural and ethnic meals and its environmental impact with a real drive to create fairness, diversity along with delicious and nutritious sustainable food.
• HND or degree in food product management, food technology or a related
• subject or City & Guilds 706 (Parts 1 and 2), or the NVQ equivalent
• Active ambassador for food quality.
• Growing organisation
• Delicious food products
• On-site parking
• Sick pay
• Autonomy and making a direct contribution and impact
Please apply directly to this advert or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org