Our client is one of the UK’s leading food manufacturing brands. The food industry is very fast paced, demanding, and constantly developing, therefore the people the company looks to join them have a great personality and the drive to exceed the customers’ expectations.
A new vacancy has arisen to join the companies’ technical team, the role available is a Head of Technical role and is situated in the North East of Scotland – a more specific location is available on the application. The role holder will be responsible for the governance and strategy of the technical department.
• Identifying the department objectives and linking them to the technical strategy and business quality management system objectives.
• Setting the objectives for each team member and identifying a clear path for their development.
• Mentoring individuals within the technical team.
• Ensuring that manufacturing is conducted legally by remaining aware of any changes to legislation and/or guidelines and making the appropriate changes as and when necessary.
• HACCP Team Leader and developing other members of the technical team so they are competent in HACCP.
• Completing supplier audits and developing other members of the technical team so they are competent in completing supplier audits.
• Excellent leadership and management skills.
• Proven experience with mentoring and developing individuals is essential.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
• Extensive experience working in a technical role within the food industry is essential.
• HACCP Level 4.
• Extensive experience of BRC and retail audit requirements (multiple retailers).
What’s on offer?
• The opportunity to take on a role that is highly visible in a market leading company.
• Current starting salary is negotiable depending on experience.
• 30 days annual leave (including statutory holidays).
• Car and fuel allowance.
• Full relocation package if required.
If you would like to be considered for this excellent opportunity, then please get in touch with me ASAP. Upload your CV to apply or call me for more information.