Head of Operations, Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Are you an Ops Manager / Factory Manager / General Manager / Site Manager who is degree qualified and looking to take the next step in your career?
Role / Company
My client are an industry leading manufacturer with an array of instantly recognizable products coming under their brand, which is a household name in the U.K. At present we are looking for an up and coming operations professional with a background of experience within FMCG, who possesses a degree, looking to join a forward-thinking business with the view in assisting them grow both physically and commercially.
This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your career in a senior management role, with also maintaining clear progression prospects. It is essential the right person will have passion for their craft, be ambitious with a drive to succeed and progress, while also being able to handle the day-to-day production issues.
Mon - Fri, 8am - 5pm
c £70,000 + 10% bonus + company pension + private healthcare
• To translate the site strategy into a living ‘heartbeat’ for the manufacturing teams which can be clearly understood at all levels of the operation.
• To deliver all agreed production plans to the required standards within the agreed financial parameters To include the utilisation and cascading of transparent KPI’s
• The delivery and ongoing development of a working environment where individuals feel able to continually challenge the status quo, embrace change consistent with the company values and are encouraged to make decisions in driving continuous improvement.
• To work with Technical representatives to deliver the highest quality food safety standards throughout the factory to ensure the development of a ‘Quality’ culture. Also to ensure standards of hygiene and good housekeeping appropriate to a quality food manufacturer are maintained (GMP)
• The delivery and maintenance of a safe working environment ensuring that production areas comply with the standards set out in the SHE Policy (including the environmental objective) and by the Site Health & Safety Manager.
• To encourage and drive the Company’s CI/MANEX agenda ensuring the utilisation of standard problem solving techniques and the effective implementation of considered improvements.
• To work closely with NPD to ensure effective product trials and launches.
• To maintain an appropriate team structure, resourced by the right number of quality people, to deliver plans with maximum efficiency.
• The coaching, mentoring and training of Business Unit Managers and/or First Line Managers to achieve their goals and compliment their personal development
• To ensure compliance with all Company Policies and Procedures (taking appropriate action where necessary)
• To ensure manufacturing compliance with all company guidelines and Food Safety legislation and guidelines
• To be a key point of escalation/contact for internal and external customers for all issues relating to manufacturing at site.
Skills and Experience Required Of graduate calibre with an appropriate and visible level of competence in critical reasoning
• 5-7 years’ experience of running a large complex manufacturing operation
• Experience and/or knowledge in FMCG manufacturing. Exposure to major UK retailers and short shelf life products would be an advantage.
• Evidence of managing complexity
• Experience of CI / Lean / 6 Sigma or other CI methodologies
• The appropriate qualification certification in H&S and Food Hygiene
• Evidential competence in Performance Management, Planning & prioritising, flexibility and change management, problem solving and decision making, leadership, communicating with impact, strategic thinking, customer awareness and commercial acumen.
If this role would initially be of interest, please apply, and Alex Williams will give you a call to discuss your application.