Head of Foodservice, Midlands
Job type: Permanent
Head of Foodservice
We are looking for someone at the cutting edge of the food industry to lead and drive our team in the transformation of one of the UK's largest privately owned businesses. Delivering sustainable growth through creating and executing sound business strategy.
• Develop and execute a robust commercial strategy that reflects the wider strategic initiatives and ambitions of the business, working collaboratively to develop and execute the plan across target market sectors.
• Effectively communicate the proposition to current and potential stakeholders, building and championing partnerships.
• Liaise with internal stakeholders in order to achieve Financial, Technical and Operational objectives including agreed service levels.
• Establish performance objectives for the senior leadership team and support driving these at all levels of the wider team.
• Provide visible sponsorship to divisional and organisation priorities and initiatives, to ensure targets/outcomes are met, aligned to company ethos.
• Champion innovation and future technologies in driving cost efficiencies, ease of doing business, growing profitable sales, consumer relevance and employee engagement.
• Motivate and challenge the team appropriately, developing a first class team who are empowered to demonstrate and lead business change.
A charismatic, high engagement and high energy leader with the intellect, strategic nous, drive and agility to make a sustained difference. You will have the ability to create amazing vision, leading the delivery of this through inspirational leadership and exceptionally strong management presence.
Education to degree level or equivalent is preferred but not essential. You will need to hold your own with senior clients who will be food service experts. It will be important to have a strong working knowledge of the foodservice market and understand what makes foodservice tick, evolving the offer, re-shaping the organisation to make a difference.
You will need to come from a background where change delivery is a way of life and be able to demonstrate clearly their ability to facilitate and drive change – in front, beside, with sleeves rolled up, and from behind. You could be supplier side, but ideally you will be from a foodservice background with relevant experience across established contract and free trade foodservice, with new business experience and a track record for establishing high performing teams.
You will engage with customers by shaping and delivering a compelling proposition – selling by speaking their language, understanding and influencing customer needs and developing and deploying the direct and broader company resources to best effect. Partners and potential partners will see the added value you can bring, be reassured that we are at least as professional as they are. Engaging with the team through a strong balance of lead and do – setting the agenda, coaching strengths and dealing quickly with performance, process or other issues in the right way.
If you are interested in this position then submit an application with your most up to date CV.