Our client is one of the UK’s leading food manufacturing brands. The food industry is very fast paced, demanding, and constantly developing, therefore the people the company looks to join them have a great personality and the drive to exceed the customers’ expectations.
A new vacancy has arisen to join the company, the role available is Head of Development and is situated in the North East of Scotland – a more specific location is available on the application. The role holder will be responsible for leading the product development team to develop new market ready products for current as well as new customers.
• Responsible for the development of new viable market ready products in line with current consumer trends.
• Contributing to the commercial strategy to enhance the growth of the business.
• Evaluation of the project and feasibility, ensuring all developments satisfy price, quality, technical and operational parameters.
• Managing the critical path of projects and communicating with relevant departments to keep them updated with the progress of the projects.
• Communication with internal and external customers & suppliers as and when required.
• Presenting new products to existing and new customers and suppliers.
• Management of staff.
• At least 5 years’ experience working in product development.
• Must have a Driving License and be willing to travel as and when required.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Must have a creative background.
• The ability to manage staff.
• An expert in identifying consumer trends.
What’s on offer?
• The opportunity to take on a role that is highly visible in a market leading company.
• Current starting salary is £40,000-£55,000, depending on experience.
• Possibility of other fringe benefits such as private medical, car allowance, fuel allowance.
• Six weeks annual leave per year, this includes statutory holiday days.
If you would like to be considered for this excellent opportunity, then please get in touch with me ASAP. Upload your CV to apply or call me for more information.