Purchasing Manager, South East England
Sector: Supply Chain
Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
Purchasing Manager – £30’000 to £40’000 depending on experience.
We are in need of a Purchasing Manager to join the team at a food & drink wholesale export business based in Banbury. This is a new role in a small team with big ambitions – recent high year-on-year sales growth to a global customer base means huge potential for the successful applicant!
Our client specialize in providing wholesale export services to customers across the world, selling branded products – beers, wines, spirits and soft drinks – from UK suppliers to places as far as China and Australia, Europe and the US. They’re a small team with a hands-on attitude; they’re looking for someone with creativity and drive to get stuck in to realize the growth plans of the business.
Successful applicants must have experience operating within an international supply chain environment, preferably with a customer and/or supply base in the Fae East. A background of procurement in the drinks manufacturing or wholesale industries is desired, but general FMCG buying experience also applies. You must also be competent in Excel, and ideally have Sage experience.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, your duties will include:
• Own and develop the company’s purchasing strategy in line with overall growth objectives.
• Identify, research and compare key suppliers to ensure the highest standards on quality, efficiency and cost.
• Support the commercial insight of the business through ongoing analysis of sales and purchasing data.
• Continuously update competitor pricing data to ensure that opportunities for focused strategies are maximized.
• Monitor and respond to customer requests on product supply.
• Negotiate efficient and competitive supply of the business’ product portfolio.
To be successful, applicant will have:
• ESSENTIAL: Experience working in an international supply chain role.
• ESSENTIAL: Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
• ESSENTIAL: Competence in Excel, and Sage (or similar).
• Experience managing a procurement cycle – supplier identification, selection, negotiation, relationship management, etc.
• Worked in a food & drink manufacturing/wholesale environment.
• Created/Developed a successful business purchasing strategy.
• Creativity, with the ability to think outside the box and direct it toward finding new channels of opportunity.
• A hands-on attitude, capable of operating within a small, ground-level organization.
This role will pay between £30’000 to £40’000 per annum, dependent on experience. There is also the opportunity to earn a 20% bonus, based on company performance (this has been paid for the last two years).
If you are interested, please send your CV over to Harley Dalton at D R Newitt in Manchester.