Trainee Livestock Buyer
Sector: Supply Chain
Location: South Wales
Job type: Permanent
Trainee Buyer – Food Manufacturer – Mid Glamorgan - £25K
This position requires an urgent response – please apply with an updated CV TODAY, and keep your phone nearby as we may contact you within or out of working hours, including weekends.
My client are a successful national food manufacturer with a facility based in Mid Glamorgan. They are hoping to bring two Trainee Buyers into the business as soon as possible.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a fresh graduate, or similarly experienced person, to join a well-established business, at the beginning of a lucrative and competitive career path.
The right candidate will be well organised and have excellent verbal communication skills, and have a degree or experience within a relevant field.
Trainee Buyers will be expected to:
• Coordinate the responsible sourcing of food production materials and service delivery methods, ensuring a continuous supply in line with the production and service requirements of the business.
• Provide key account support to material producers and to encourage the efficient and effective management of the procurement cycle.
• Contribute to the capture, analysis and reporting of data relating to sourcing procedures and supplier performance.
• Liaise with customers, suppliers, hauliers and industry/regulatory bodies to ensure the effective operations of your department.
• Support the delivery of customer-facing marketing and events programmes.
To be successful, the ideal candidate will:
• Be IT literate, with experience of databases, MS Excel, or CRM systems.
• Possess excellent verbal communication skills, particularly on the telephone.
• Have strong organisational skills, especially with regards to efficient data and filing systems.
• Degree or equivalent industry certification and/or experience of agricultural or livestock management.
• Preferably some experience of a clerical or administrative role, especially in a technical/quality/specifications environment.
Working hours are between 8:30 and 17:00, Monday to Friday. The role offers £25K base salary.
If you are interested, please forward your CV to Harley Dalton at D R Newitt Recruitment in Manchester.