Supply Chain Manager
Sector: Supply Chain
Location: West Midlands
Job type: Permanent
Supply Chain Manager – £35’000
An exciting opportunity with huge growth potential has come available within a quickly-expanding niche manufacturer based north of Birmingham.
Our client are looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to lead the business to greater heights. This is a challenging role with a complex supply chain structure; the right candidate will be an excellent team motivator who can successfully oversee planning functions both in the UK and overseas.
For successful applicants, this role offers a real opportunity to develop business processes in line with their own vision. As a Supply Chain Manager, you will be expected to:
• Develop an efficient supply chain network to support the growth plan of the business.
• Maximize gross margins through effective cost analysis across production, systems and logistics.
• Identify and screen domestic and foreign raw and production suppliers, ensuring a continuous selection process to maintain performance levels.
• Review weekly planning reports to ensure continued best practice across the supply chain and logistics functions.
• Occasional travel to foreign suppliers.
The right candidate should have:
• 5 years’ experience of high SKU or high volume supply chain activity essential.
• History of team leadership, with strong motivating skills.
• Advanced capabilities in Microsoft Excel.
• Remote coordination experience (particularly to Middle and Far East) ideal.
• Knowledge of garments/clothing industry and production processes desirable.
• Strategic minded, confident negotiator, and able to understand complex supply chain and cost structures.
In return, the successful candidate can expect:
• Huge growth potential with possible board appointment options.
• £35’000 basic salary
• 10% individual annual bonus
• Company Shareholder Scheme (after 6 months)
• 28 days holiday
• Potential car allowance, depending on location.
• Opportunities to travel.
To apply, please send your CV over to Harley Dalton at D R Newitt on Harley.Dalton@drnewitt.com, or for more information, call +44 (0) 161 833 0181.