Planning Manager, West Midlands
Sector: Supply Chain
Location: West Midlands
Job type: Permanent
An exciting opportunity has come available for an experienced Planning Manager within an established food manufacturer based in Shropshire.
Our client is an award-winning food manufacturer, offering an excellent package to work within an exciting environment of innovative production strategies.
As Planning Manager, you will be reporting to the Supply Chain Manager. Working Monday-Friday on an 8-5 pattern, successful applicants will be expected to:
• Develop, manage and motivate production teams to meet business targets and to ensure ongoing sustainability of skills.
• Head and manage the planning team to produce and deliver an effective production plan.
• Lead team training to drive continuous improvement, changes and efficiencies in the planning function, and to communicate these effectively with all levels of the business.
• Manage site capacity planning process, including daily and weekly production and demand forecasting to optimise service performance.
• Deputize for the Supply Chain Manager.
• Effectively manage NPD activity from production entry to sign-off.
• Efficient delivery of Supply Chain Production Planning controls within the defined financial parameters.
The right candidate should have:
• Proven record of successful line management or team leadership experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrable experience of production planning within an FMCG business.
• Proficient in the use of WMS / ERP systems and similar planning software.
• Ability to work well and to motivate teams under pressure and to deadlines.
• High numerical competence and a natural aptitude for problem solving.
In return, the successful candidate can expect:
• A competitive salary of £36’000 up to £40’000, dependent on experience.
• Competitive combined Company Pension.
• 33 days holiday entitlement.
• Salary sacrifice option for Childcare Vouchers.
• Heavily discounted staff shop.
• Formal and informal personal development opportunities.
To apply, please send your CV over to Harley Dalton at D R Newitt on Harley.Dalton@drnewitt.com, or for more information, call +44 (0) 161 833 0181.