Sector: New Product Development
Location: East Anglia
Job type: Permanent
Our client a highly successful and expanding Food Manufacturer based in the South East of England is seeking an NPD Manager.
Joining a super friendly, cohesive and supportive team, the role offers excellent career progression and development to the successful candidate.
You will have experience of working in partnership with customers and internal teams to create to create bespoke, commercially successful products that meet specific customer needs. You will be responsible to the Marketing Manager.
• Working with our development chef, creating products to meet a customer brief, and overseeing the processes from concept through to delivery ensuring that all sections of the brief are adhered to – this includes internal commercial, technical and production briefs as well as those laid down by the customer.
• Researching the market to have a good understanding of current trends and commercial requirements.
• Liaising with both internal departments and external suppliers, sourcing new ingredients where needed and ensuring their conformity to technical specifications and are commercially viable.
• Developing and tracking multiple product options within a project
• Tracking and communicating progress to the wider team.
• Preparing recipe cards for production
• Completing customer documentation required for sampling and delivery
• Attend NPD Meetings
• Working with our development chef when needed to prepare samples etc. and provide cover when necessary.
• Presenting to customers which will include the preparation for onsite visits and may involve travel.
• Completing and taking responsibility for all costings within the NPD process which during busy periods could take up a great deal of time.
• Rolling up sleeves and getting engrossed!
The successful candidate will have strong project management and communication skills. You will have experience in:
• You will ideally have worked in the food industry, or will love food, as a good understanding of food is essential in this role.
• Have an understanding of our HACCP and BRC certification and how it impacts upon our NPD process and factory production.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contactHannah Docherty on 0131 226 5060.