Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer / Site Services Engineer, West Midlands
Location: West Midlands
Job type: Permanent
I have a number of exciting new engineering opportunities located within the West Midlands.
The role is as a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer within a well known and long established company.
There are two Shift patterns, either on a days shift role
4 on 4 off pattern of 6am-6pm, or a night shift 4 on 4 off pattern of 6pm-6am.
The Days rotation will pay circa £36,000 per annum with the nights paying circa £38,500.
Key Responsibilities will be:
• High quality engineering support to enable continuous running of production equipment
• Rapid response to breakdowns
• Effective fault diagnosis to ensure first time fixes
• Drive line performance by focusing on bottleneck reliability & speed
• Identifying improvement areas within line engineering processes and recommending/implementing solutions
• Carrying out autonomous and preventative maintenance tasks competently and correctly and recording work competed accurately in the correct documentation
• Adhering to laid down systems of work
• Working safely within health & safety & food safety standards
• Inspections of equipment at predetermined intervals to ensure there is no risk to product from contamination by foreign bodies arising from equipment damage
• Ensure effective maintenance service is provided to the factory to minimize delays and downtime of machines.
Ideally you would be a Multi skilled Engineer (Electrical Bias) with previous experience in:
• Apprenticeship Time Served Engineer within relevant sector/area.
• Experience working within Food Manufacturing Maintenance (Essential)
• Practical experience in highly time-sensitive environments.
• 17th edition IEE Regs trained - preferred but not essential
• Experience of high volume production (food industry preferred)
• PLC Fault Finding knowledge - preferred but not essential
• Proven ability to prioritise and work effectively under pressure
• Effective communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Self motivated with a proactive approach
• Can work unsupervised and make decisions when required
If you feel you have the relevant experience and are interested please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0131 226 5060 so that we can discuss further.