Reliability Engineer, East Midlands
Location: East Midlands
Job type: Permanent
My Client is looking for a new member for the site engineering team responsible for maximising machine efficiencies and availability along with continued efficient running of the production plant, block areas and site services.
Responsible for advancing the Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) and Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM), you will be communicating with people from functions all across the site and utilising the Computerised Maintenance management Systems (CMMS) on SAP.
This role will be working very close with Asset Care Management and Engineering Planning team members to develop and deliver appropriate Autonomous and Pro-Active Maintenance Plans/Schedules.
You will be working with people all across the site to achieve operational efficiencies at the best/lowest costs through delivering targets and working to strategic business objectives.
Main Focus areas are:
You will be expected to work with Asset Care management to assist in reducing site costs from certain areas, to achieve a certain reduction in cost/expenditure on a yearly basis.
Job Related Experience, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Strong Experience with Continuous Improvement Projects involving the planning and implementation using GMP.
• Experience in identifying wastes and reviewing performance, with a strong drive for improvements.
• HND or HNC Level Qualifications in a relevant engineering discipline (Electrical/Mechanical/Multiskilled Maintenance or Process Improvements)
• Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship
• Experience working within fast paced manufacturing environments.
• Proven Experience working with Lean Manufacturing and delivering Continuous Improvements
• Strong understanding of Asset Care techniques and the varying degrees of maintenance processes.
• Demonstratable track record of achieving results and managing change.
• 5s experience and 6sigma
• Root cause analysis/ problem solving
• Understanding how to get the best OEE from the Plant
• Working knowledge of PLCs and electrical systems
• An aptitude to fault diagnosis and logical thinking essential
• Good practical understanding of Factory Services such as electrical supplies, steam, water, compressed air and refrigeration**)
• Experience working with computerised systems such as SAP, AutoCAD, MS Office programs.
Personal Skills & Key Behavioural Qualities:
• Teamwork and communication
• Interpersonal Skills with an ability to establish strong and liaising relationships with people at all levels, both internally and externally.
• Maintains positive and productive relationships with individual team members and other departments/colleagues
• Prioritisation/Self Organisation
• Able to motivate and self mentor
• Strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrates a flexible ‘Can Do’ approach to work
• Able to make things happen quickly and to complete tasks in full (Right First Time)
• Problem solving/ Design of experiments/ methodologies
• Able to present and communicate proposals in an open and honest environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well known business with an expansive future who invest in people and have a genuine interest in their product market.
If you feel you have the relevant experience, qualification and skills for this role please apply below with a small explanation of why you feel you are fit for this role.