Multi Skilled Engineer - Nights, London
Job type: Permanent
I am currently recruiting for a Multi-Skilled Engineer in London.
As a Multi Skilled Engineer on Nightshift you will be responsible for conducting planned preventative maintenance of food processing equipment, including the manufacturing facility and site services at a modern chilled food plant.
To effectively provide diagnostic skills to establish the cause of equipment faults, responding as appropriate.
• Maintain the Company’s assets in good condition
• Work with internal customers (including production) to prioritise jobs, demonstrating flexibility
• Conduct all work in a safe manner thereby ensuring a safe working environment for employees including good hygiene practices
• Brief the lead engineer on any issues with the equipment after work has been completed
• Demonstrate a proactive approach to operational requirements.
• Advise management of any safety issues which need attention
• Only undertake machinery modifications which are legally compliant.
• Complete all necessary written records such as PPM, work reports, end of shift reports etc
• Liaise with contractors to ensure compliance with site rules.
• Monitor contractor’s performance & advise Lead Engineer of any shortcomings immediately
• Liaise with other members of the engineering team to ensure effective shift handovers
• Ensure wherever possible downtime is minimal at all times
This role is a full-time, working 42 hours per week. The roles is working Nights on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern starting from 5pm onwards.
The ideal candidate
• BTEC, City & Guilds or equivalent in mechanical or electrical maintenance
• Foundation Food Hygiene qualification or equivalent
• Able to plan and prioritise balancing day to day production needs with the longer term objectives of the department
• Demonstrates a proactive approach to continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility with or without guidance
• Consistently sets standards of operation and encourages teamwork and feedback
• Understands the demands of the team supporting as appropriate
• Demonstrates a good standard of written and verbal communication in all areas
• Understands and demonstrates the need for excellence in customer service both internal and external
• Consistently applies H&S, hygiene and quality – standards, focus and compliance
• Through the consistent application of tools, delivers effective cost management
• Experience with thermoforming, flow wrap, metal detectors and packaging machinery
• Competency with 3ph / 1pm motor control is essential
• Experience & knowledge of pneumatics, refrigeration & factory services is desirable
In return for your time & hard work
• Salary, From £32000 up to £40,000 per annum dependent on experience
• 23 Days annual leave (including bank holidays)
• Pension scheme
• Life Assurance
• Child Care Vouchers
• Cycle to Work Scheme