Shift Maintenance Engineer
Location: East Anglia
Job type: Permanent
I have a couple of new and exciting Shift Maintenance Engineer opportunity within a long standing food manufacturing business undergoing significant development.
The role will pay an annual salary of circa £40,000 with a 5% matched pension in the package.
The Shift pattern is a Continental pattern of 4 on 4 off days and nights rotation (7-7).
Reporting into the Engineering Manager or Supervisors you would be involved in the ongoing daily maintenance of the production and engineering area, along with any critical assets.
- To ensure that downtime on all production lines are kept to a minimum/acceptable level.
- To maintain a high standard of housekeeping and hygiene.
- To ensure that all procedures and working methods are adhered to.
- To ensure planned maintenance is conducted effectively, in conjunction with production planning, to reduce line downtime.
- Analyse efficiency of plant and recommendations for improvements.
- Keeping up-to-date records of equipment maintenance to meet company standards and legislation.
- To comply with all standard operative procedures to include ISO and BRC standards ensuring best practices at all times.
- Qualified engineer (ideally electrical bias) with good working knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Experience in FMCG or equivalent process industry.
- Good standard of education, articulate, numerate and the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing. IT literate.
- Knowledge of industrial Health, Safety and Environmental aspects.
- Clean driving license.
- Ability to work at a consistent level under pressure and demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work with others in various team environments and to be confident and assertive with people at all levels.
- Be able to listen, assess and appreciate ideas of others, ability to conceptually think ideas through.
- Be able to challenge and present alternative solutions.
- Be open to new technologies and techniques.
- An applied knowledge of Lean practice
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a strong developing business with great future prospects, and with the scope to get involved in challenging site expansion activities.
A great opportunity to develop your skills within a successful manufacturing business.