Location: East Midlands
Job type: Permanent
I have an exciting new engineering opportunity located within the East Midlands close to Holbeach.
The role is as a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer within a well known and long established company.
With an annual salary of £33,000 to £34,000 and flexible overtime paid at an hourly rate, this position is well suited to career progression and development.
The Shift pattern is a backshift (Monday to Friday) working 6pm to 2:30am.
Key Responsibilities will be:
• High quality engineering support to enable continuous running of production equipment
• Rapid response to breakdowns
• Effective fault diagnosis to ensure first time fixes
• Drive line performance by focusing on bottleneck reliability & speed
• Identifying improvement areas within line engineering processes and recommending/implementing solutions
• Carrying out autonomous and preventative maintenance tasks competently and correctly and recording work competed accurately in the correct documentation
• Adhering to laid down systems of work
• Working safely within health & safety & food safety standards
• Inspections of equipment at predetermined intervals to ensure there is no risk to product from contamination by foreign bodies arising from equipment damage
• Ensure effective maintenance service is provided to the factory to minimize delays and downtime of machines.
Ideally you would be a Multi skilled Engineer (Electrical Bias) with previous experience in:
• Apprenticeship Time Served Engineer within relevant sector/area.
• Practical experience in highly time-sensitive environments.
• 17th edition IEE Regs trained - preferred but not essential
• Experience of high volume production (food industry preferred)
• PLC Fault Finding knowledge - preferred but not essential.
• Proven ability to prioritise and work effectively under pressure.
• Effective communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Self motivated with a proactive approach.
• Can work unsupervised and make decisions when required.