Group Technical Raw Material Administrator, Yorkshire
Job type: Permanent
Our client has earned a place as a market leader from a strong combination of tradition and innovation. For years this Food Manufacturer has supplied into an impressive range of customers. It is also important to stress this business has been very resilient to the COVID Climate and the popularity of products shows no signs of diminishing! With a very low turnover of staff and a real emphasis on people development, now a fantastic opportunity arises to join this successful outfit...
An opportunity has arisen within the Group Technical Services team for a Raw Material Administrator to assist in managing the company supply base to ensure it is approved and operating to agreed standards. The role holder will ensure all raw materials coming into the business are agreed with the site (s) and the supplier. In addition, the raw materials are manufactured to high standards of hygiene, in accordance with good manufacturing practices and compliant with all retailer policies.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
• To maintain systems with all supplier approval information. Including Foods Connected, SharePoint, Technical Data and the Access Database.
• Check, approve and review raw material suppliers ensuring that they have been approved as per the supplier approval procedures.
• Check, approve and review raw material specifications are agreed and readily available to Company sites.
• Liaise with Raw Material Suppliers, Purchasing and Technical Departments to ensure that raw material is delivered to agreed specifications.
• Prepare reports for the department from various data sources.
• Must have at least 3 A levels with minimum of English and Maths or equivalent Food Science related qualification.
• Experience within the food industry particularly with raw materials would be advantageous.
• The successful applicant must be computer literate with experience of cloud-based systems and Microsoft Applications.
• Positive can-do attitude.
• Excellent communication skills as group technical deal with customers, suppliers, auditors and various departments within the business.
• Be able to work in small team and individually.
• Must be organised with good time-management skills and the ability to manage multiple work streams.
• Ideally should hold a full current driving licence, have access to a car.
MON-FRI Office Hours
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.