We are currently supporting our client as they are seeking a Group Technical Manager.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a leading category supplier to the UK food industry.
The role As part of the Senior Management Team you will proactively and effectively support the company with the implementation of Food Safety standards across the group.
You will drive a high level of Food Safety standards, working in partnership across in multiple locations.
You will have a significant influence in developing robust and comprehensive systems to ensure regulatory compliance across the group, whilst ensuring that all products distributed meet our exacting customer specifications.
Overseeing the functionality of the Technical Department
Operating within and ensuring compliance of Brand Reputation Compliance Global Standards (BRCGS) at all times
Developing a Technical Improvement Plan in conjunction with the Senior Management Team
Instigating root cause analysis when investigating non-conformities and developing appropriate corrective actions
Ensuring all Depots have an effective Food Safety Management System in place, and overseeing document control
Compliance with all Food Safety and HACCP requirements, ensuring product integrity at all times Development and Implementation of HACCP and other food safety based Risk Assessments
Developing the company’s Internal Audit Program, and ensuring its effectiveness
Facilitate the development of all team members through mentoring and coaching
Conduct investigations following supplier / customer enquiries or complaints
Liaison with the Procurement team to maintain the company’s supply chain standards
Contribute to the implementation of a digital Stock Management System
The candidate :
• Educated to Degree Level within a food-based discipline
• Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) Certification experience
• Level 3 HACCP Qualification
• Internal Auditing
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong organisational skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to use initiative and confident when making decisions
• Ability to adapt to a fast moving, changeable environment
• Good influencing and persuading skills, with the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships at all levels
• High attention to detail
• Ability to facilitate internal training sessions
• MS Office – Intermediate level
• Report Writing
• At least 3 Years’ experience working in a technical role within the FMCG industry
• Demonstrable evidence of GFSI Certification experience
• Demonstrable evidence of ensuring compliance within the BRCGS framework for storage and distribution
• Knowledge of HACCP and Food Safety Quality Management Systems
• Coaching, mentoring & leading teams
• Internal Auditor
• Training facilitator
What’s on offer :
• A starting salary negotiable depending on experience up to the value of £40,000
• Additional benefits include: 29 days’ holiday entitlement, NEST Pension Scheme, continuous investment in their professional development and discounted rates on all company products
• Working a core Monday to Friday, 40 hour week from their Head Office in Glasgow but with flexibility to travel with position and business requirements. Suggested that 25% of time will be spent at other group sites.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated professional.
If you are interested in this position, then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.
Due to the high number of applications, you will only be contacted if your CV is of interest to the role.