Graduate Food Technologist, South East England
Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
Are you a career motivated graduate looking to break into the food manufacturing industry?
My client is an entrepreneurial business, based in Kent, manufacturing tasty treats into a number of markets both in the UK & further afield.
The Role – Technologist
This role covers responsibilities across Quality & Technical as well as giving exposure to all aspects of the business. With some incredible training & development on offer, this is the perfect opportunity for someone interested in career progression.
• Usual Quality Assurance duties inc. internal audits, microsampling, calibration of equipment, investigation of customer complaints.
• Maintain & update site quality management system
• Maintain & update the raw material & supplier approval database, liaising with suppliers to ensure compliance.
• Maintain site accreditations e.g. Organic, Fair Trade etc. Eventually leading the 3rd party audits.
• Generate & approval artwork & labelling
• Generate product specifications from concept launch.
• HACCP Team Member
This is a Mon-Fri position, offering circa. £20k.
• A switched-on, motivated & personable person, passionate about a career in food manufacturing.
• Previous experience within food manufacturing is required so that you have working knowledge of HACCP etc.
• AMAZING opportunity for your own development- this business is willing to invest in you & pay for external courses, wants to give you hands-on training & develop you into an integral part of the team. Once ready, you will have the (unusual) opportunity to take ownership over senior responsibilities, even leading 3rd party audits.
• Family-feel business, everyone helps out wherever needed. The benefit of smaller businesses is that it’s a more ‘all encompassing’ role & you get exposure to all aspects of the business. Larger companies such as Bakkavor, for example, offer a lot in terms of internal opportunities but the teams are so large & specialised, it’s a bit like working with your blinders on!
• This role is a mix between Quality & Technical, meaning you would gain exp. relevant to roles inc. QA, Compliance/Regulatory roles, Technical Assistants/Admin/Coordinators, Technical Services/Quality Systems, Raw material/supplier technologist vacancies also.
If this sounds like it could be of interest, don’t delay in getting in touch as we are looking to arrange interviews for next week.