Graduate Demand Planner
Job type: Permanent
Are you a graduate looking for the perfect opportunity to break in to the FMCG space? Do you want to work for a market leading company who work with some of the biggest retailers in the UK? Is career progression and training important to you? If the answer to any of the above is YES then please read below about this fantastic opportunity.
Graduate Demand Planner
Salary – £22,000 - £24,000
Start – September
Location – North Yorkshire
The Client –
My client is a market leader in the FMCG space and are currently looking for a driven, determined and excited graduate to be a part of their Supply Chain team as a Graduate Demand Planner.
Supplying their product in to some of the world’s largest retailers such as Tesco, ASDA and Morrisons – this really is a great chance to work for a global brand that offers exceptional chances for progression.
This is definitely a position best suited to someone who wants to kick start their career in food manufacturing and if you put the time and effort in, the company is happy to support you and help you towards you end career goal. The opportunities are here are endless.
They pride themselves on taking care of our team, providing opportunities for career development. They have seen exciting developments and growth over the past 25 years, and have ambitious plans for the future which you could be a massive part of!
The role -
As Graduate Demand Planner, you will work closely with the Supply Chain Manager and Planner where you will formulate and present a structured demand profile for the companies finished products. As part of a small team, your understanding of food safety and technical compliance will help you construct a planned inventory level, maximising service level and minimising waste.
• Using business forecasts to construct a 28-day demand plan for finished goods inventory
• Monitor consumer trends and customer demands to make amendments to the schedule for the following weeks
• Monitoring stock levels and investigating any variances that may occur
• Liaise with members of the logistics and production teams to ensure inventory levels are maintained
• Establish, collate, and report service level measures, to help drive improvement in delivery and operational efficiency.
• Contribute and attend client facing meetings, reviewing service levels, seasonal or promotional demand.
• Managing stock in danger or out of life distress.
Key Skills and Competencies
As this is a graduate position, the most important thing that my client is looking for is a willingness to learn and a genuine desire to work as hard as you can!
You will receive full training from some of the industry’s leading names – teaching you everything you need to know about supply chain and demand planning within the FMCG space.
In return, our client is looking for somebody who has –
• Strong communication skills and a good personality.
• Broad knowledge of IT systems and Excel
• Ability to analyse data and translate in to actions
• High attention to detail
• Previous experience in the FMCG space would be desirable but is definitely NOT essential
• Excellent work ethic
If you wish to receive some more information about this position and what my client has to offer, then please call Jack Pollard on 01312265060 or 07957214772