Head of Trade Marketing & Category Planning
Location: South West England
Job type: Permanent
Business Development Manager – Cosmetics and Household
Manchester/ UK Wide
Business Development Manager needed for a global FTSE 100 company to sell the companies’ fantastic cosmetics and Household products into the UK’s largest retailers and grocers. Due to the continued growth and expansion of the company they are looking to expand their team based in Manchester. This company is a market leader and has international reach across a variety of sectors, and because of this the opportunity for self-development and progression is unparalleled within the industry.
You will also benefit from working from home, a company car, a very competitive basic and a generous bonus scheme.
Role and responsibilities:
• To build and enhance customer relationships with key clients, carry out regular client reviews, to monitor client utilisation including spend and payment performance in order to continually generate and increase profitable sales.
• To attend Trade fairs and other networking opportunities to reach new customers and generate sales
• Report to management about competitive landscape, market opportunities and best practices seen in the market
• To identify customers’ needs and build appropriate sales pitch to capture customer engagement.
• Manage the sales process from beginning to end: creating, following and closing sales.
• Provide a high level of internal and external customer care.
• To have an in-depth understanding of costing and pricing strategies.
• To have the ability to prepare high level commercial proposals for clients.
• Comply with all relevant Health, Safety and Security Regulations.
• Home based but need to be in the office one day a week
Must have knowledge and experience:
• Must have been in a similar role for at least 2 years
• Practical knowledge of cosmetic and/or detergent sector or manufacturing industries
• Degree educated in the relevant field would be a plus
• Well connected with retailers and Grocers
• Knowledge and understanding of account management techniques.
• Effective communication skills both written and oral.
• High level of attention to detail.
• To be able to communicate to different levels within the business and to gain the confidence of the client
• To be a self-starter and manage own workload in a timely and effective manner.
• Basic salary of 35 – 50 K (depending on experience)
• Company car
• 4 days from home, 1 day in the office
• Great Pension Scheme
• 33 days Holiday
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Gary Laverty on 0161 833 0181. Looking to interview first week of January.
Gary Laverty / Senior Consultant
+44 (0) 161 833 0181
Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Senior Account Manager, Sales Executive, Senior Sales Executive, FMCG, FMCG, BDM, Business Development Manager, Cosmetics, Household,