H&S and Risk Manager
Sector: Health & Safety
Location: DNU 2
Job type: Permanent
Health, Safety, Environment and Risk Manager
Salary: Highly Competitive
One of our clients, a large, growing, multi branded food manufacturers are actively seeking a Health, Safety, Environment and Risk Manager to join the business.
Growing year on year, they now partner with some of the biggest names within the Food, Retail and FMCG industries.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Director you will manage, develop and maintain Health, Safety, Environment and Risk systems across the group covering all activities to ensure safety compliance and risk management against KPI targets.
To ensure statutory compliance in accordance with all current legislation and all internal Health, Safety, Environment and Risk policies and procedures.
• To develop and manage a robust compliance and risk management system to support the activities of the business;
• Managing the health and safety function across the group;
• Pro-actively engaging in collaborative health and safety projects across all operational areas;
• Providing authoritative advice and guidance on health, safety, environment and risk to all stakeholders;
• Reviewing and auditing health & safety management and continuously improving the policies and procedures where appropriate;
• Provide strategies to plan and organise health, safety and risks and recommending adaptations when necessary;
• To develop and maintain the group risk register and complete risk assessments, method statements and manage SSOW;
• To complete robust accident investigations;
• To instigate and maintain a regime for internal audit and inspections; and
• Ensure a robust reporting regime is in place for HSE&R statistics;
Responsibility for staff / Equipment / Budget
Responsible for the close management of the Health, Safety, Environment and Risk budget
Applicants must have a full depth of understanding of all UK and EU health and safety legislation and a demonstrative record of driving HSE&R change within an organisation.
They must demonstrate a commercial and business approach to HSE&R and hold a UK driving licence.
• Qualified to NEBOSH diploma, HNC/HND level;
• Flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities and workload;
• IT literate, be able to use Word, Excel;
• Excellent written and communication skills; and
• Results orientated and tenacious.
• Chartered member of IOSH (CMIOSH) or equivalent;
• NVQ Level 5 in Occupational Health & Safety, or equivalent would be an advantage; and
• 5 years in a similar role.
Please apply accordingly by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org