Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
• Do you have experience of Marketing and Category Management within the Food & FMCG sectors?
• Are you driven & determined, wanting to make a real positive impact in a growing business?
If so, we'd love to hear from you as our client based in Greater Manchester is recruiting for a Marketing Manager to join their Commercial team. This is an exciting position in a very well established business, with a great presence in the UK across Retail, Foodservice and B2B Food Manufacturing sectors.
The business has a terrific reputation and it’s a great opportunity for someone to progress and be hands on in a varied and challenging marketing position.
What does the role of Marketing Manager involve?
The main purpose of this role is to strategically manage and implant category knowledge, expertise and best practice internally and with the customer. This will lead the relationships with our customer base, building and maintaining a successful partnership.
Some of the responsibilities:
• Responsible for the management of insight led analysis, providing consumer and category insights and analytics to help drive marketing strategies and category growth
• Manage the category team to deliver on a multilevel basis, timeliness, accuracy and to a greater degree develop the insight delivery of the team
• Maintain a broad understanding of marketplace dynamics and analyse various data sources including Kantar, Nielson and AOD, translating findings into meaningful insight
• Oversee ad hoc consumer research and focus groups, working with the NPD to bring key insights to life.
• Working with the design agency, further develop the brand
• Media planning responsibility and brand ownership across the portfolio, driving efficiency and areas for improvement
• Build, allocate and manage the annual Marketing budget
So, if this has piqued your interest, what skills does the Marketing Manager need?
• Ability to develop strong relationships with customers, colleagues and suppliers.
• Ability to influence and communicate openly with colleagues, leadership team.
• To ensure that all decisions are business focused.
• Great presentation skills, confidence and gravitas in front of customers
• Naturally inquisitive and always asking the so what?
• Strong excel skills, highly numerical and extensive analytical skills
• Collaborative in nature and a roll your sleeves up attitude
• Experience of managing a team and developing skill sets of individuals (ideally)
• Attention to detail to ensure work is correct first time
If you are interested in this position or indeed any of our vacancies then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Greg Carroll on 0131 2265060.