Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
Our client is successful family owned food ingredients business based in South East England. The business has a range of high quality commodity products and they supply the UK manufacturing and wholesale channels. The business has a great reputation in the industry, impressive accreditations and a lot of manufacturing capabilities on site.
They are looking to add some new talent to their Commercial Team.
Commercial Manager (Senior Trader)
The position is an exciting mix of sales and buying. Dealing with some of the UK largest food and drink manufacturing customers.
• Responsible for Managing and developing the Sales to Food Manufacturers. This requires knowledge of the Cost structure of a wide portfolio of manufactured and traded products.
• Participate in existing and new tender opportunities both written and internet based.
• Regular customer meetings to facilitate account management, develop relationships and investigate new product opportunities. This involves contact with purchasing, NPD and Supply Chain personnel and the presentation of Sales figures and product trend information.
• Find, visit and develop new Customers.
• Liaise closely with our internal Purchasing team to ensure product costings are up to date and re-negotiate prices where required.
• Liaise with Production Manager to ensure my customers blends are manufactured in time to meet estimated call offs.
• Understanding of Technical requirements to supply specific customers.
• Understand markets for our products to ensure our pricing is in line with current conditions.
• Review trade press to keep abreast of new innovations in the food industry to assist in growing the own accounts.
• Imports - Purchase orders, movement certificates, customs clearance, deliveries to
store, triangulation, dealing with foreign suppliers.
• Exports - Sales orders, credit awareness, as above.
• Deliveries into UK stores.
• Documentation. Bank drafts, Import documents, statutory requirements, Intrastats, invoicing.
• Production / manufacturing, MRPs
• Product cost build up, margins, sales and purchase ledger fundamentals.
• Customer contact.
• Supplier contact.
• Food quality, quality procedures and accreditations.
• Commercial background within food (sales, buying or trading)
• Strong relationships building skills.
• Excellent communication, numerical and verbal skills.
• Full clean DL and ability to travel.
What’s on Offer
£55-65k + car + bonus + benefits.
The position if office based when not with customers.
*Commutable from Essex, North Kent, East London, Hertfordshire and Southern Suffolk and Cambridgeshire*
If you are interested in this position or indeed any of our vacancies then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Greg Carroll on 0131 2265060.