Job type: Permanent
Our client is a successful food producer based in London. The business supply high quality premium food products into the UK’s Food Service – End User market.
Established over 25 years ago the business has grown significantly. They have an excellent reputation in the industry and this is an exciting opportunity to join a team who are very passionate about the food industry.
Account Executive (West London)
Covering West London the Account Executive is tasked with growing sales into the Restaurant customers.
Reporting to the Key Account Manager, the role is largely customer facing, involving sales visits to both new and existing customers, with a view to growing his or her share of the business.
The Company offers a structured induction, assisting employees within the Sales function, gain insight into how the company operates as a whole. This will be followed by more detailed sales and account management training.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
• Full responsibility for your own set of accounts (largely restaurants)
• In-town area will cover W postcodes and SW postcodes above the river- an area rich with high end restaurants
• Make calls to arrange face to face meetings with customers
• Meet with customers and conduct product tastings. Build rapport and show relevant samples, with the aim of expanding the range of products taken
• Phone calls to send samples of new products to customers
• Follow up calls after sending samples and customer visits
• Ensure customers receive credit application forms, price lists and marketing information on request
• Ensure agreed discount and matrix pricing is inputted on time
• Ensure all filing systems for price list, sample, appointment and order collection diaries are well organised and updated
• Organise and participate in promotional events for customers
New Business Development:
• Research the market to identify potential customers within your geographical area
• Target these customers, making calls to arrange a face to face meeting
• Visit these potential customers, taking a targeted range of products, and carry out a product tasting
• Follow up by email or phone to ensure conversion into customer
• Liaise with the distribution department over the accommodation and feasibility of delivery to new accounts
• Entertain customers at foodie festivals such as Taste of London (Regents Park)
• Provide feedback for innovation and marketing programs
• Assist the credit control department in the collection of outstanding debts
• Attend weekly team Foodservice meetings
• Attend the bi-monthly sales meeting - reporting sales activities to the Sales Director and the rest of the sales team
• A passion for high quality foods
• Strong sales and people skills
• Desire to succeed within sales
• Team player
• Adaptability and flexibility
What’s on Offer
• Up to £28k + car + bonus + benefits.
• Excellent career progression.
If you are interested in this position or indeed any of our vacancies then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Greg Carroll on 0131 2265060.