Senior Commercial Manager
Location: Home Based
Job type: Permanent
Our client is globally successful business who are leaders in the UK Food Ingredients market. The business has a strong presence in the UK and they have bene enjoying a sustained period of growth. They have a very talented Commercial team who work in partnership with Food Manufacturers of all shapes and sizes.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Commercial Manager to join the team and help grow a new range of speciality food ingredients.
Senior Commercial Manager
• Heading up a Food Ingredients team consisting of Business Development Managers and Product Managers.
• To lead the development and sales growth of the speciality food ingredients range.
• To shape the organisations technical strategy.
• Support the supplier and customer interface to help deliver the sales growth aspirations.
• Operating closely with suppliers and food manufacturing customers to ensure all needs are being met.
Scope of Responsibilities
• Responsibilities include leading and supporting Product Managers in developing and delivering growth strategies for our Supplier’s innovative ingredients; leading a team of BDMs who are responsible for specialty ingredient sales in increasing our market share for our specialty range of ingredients; liaising with customers and suppliers at the highest level.
• You will interrogate and analyse CRM systems to help direct and support the Team and to extract information suitable to share with our suppliers.
• You will also drive continuous improvement throughout all aspects of the customer and supplier relationships; engage with the marketing of our specialty ingredients; and develop and lead practical application of them with the effective use of our Application Kitchen.
The position sits on the senior management team and contribution to growth strategies will be valued.
The successful candidate can operate from home but significant national travel is required.
• Food Ingredients experience, selling into food manufacturers.
• Proven track record in man management.
• Degree holder of a food related degree / HND or equivalent.
• It is essential that applicants have a depth and breadth of knowledge from across the food sectors. This knowledge should be technical in nature.
• Applicants must have demonstrable experience of leading and promoting product innovation in meeting new market trends.
• Applicants need to have held senior positions with active responsibilities to both customers and suppliers and are able to effectively manage the relationships and expectations of both – whilst finding solutions to meet all internal and external interfaces.
• As this role has management responsibilities, it is critical that applicants have good interpersonal skills and previous people management experience.
What’s on Offer
• £60k + excellent package including bonus, car and benefits.
If you are interested in this position or indeed any of our vacancies then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Greg Carroll on 0131 2265060.