Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a successful food manufacturing business. They manufacturer high quality food products for the UK’s largest Foodservice Establishments and also Retail customers.
The business has an excellent reputation in the industry and they are considered specialists in the category.
Operating as an SME in a larger group the business has made some investments in the site and they have some exciting plans for growth.
The overall purpose of the role is to develop and implement an effective Sales and Business Development Strategy to drive short, medium and long term profitable sales growth. Provide effective leadership and direction for the Sales Team.
• As part of the Senior Management Team responsible for managing Sales and NPD.
• Achieve sales budgets which have been set and agreed with the Managing Director.
• Agree pricing and volumes with customer to ensure continued growth.
• Lead sales strategy which will be implemented in conjunction with other departments.
• Provide effective leadership and direction for the Sales and Customer Service teams ensuring both individuals and team’s performance is developed in order for a first class service to be delivered.
• Analyse and develop existing accounts.
• Regular visits to key customer decision makers and build strong commercial relationships with Customers.
• Provide accurate sales analysis and reporting on a weekly & monthly basis detailing for example, sales activity, variances and corrective action, NPD and market intelligence.
• Manage stock holding and review weekly with the Managing Director.
• Actively participate in new product developments.
• Develop costing and pricing models for new products.
• Manage, develop and support the NPD team and accountable for overall product development.
• Work closely with the NPD Chef, Technical Manager and Factory Manager on development of all new innovative products from concept through to launch.
My client is keen to focus their attentions on proven Commercial candidates with Meat Industry experience and contacts*
• Proven track record at senior Commercial level.
• People management experience.
• Meat Industry knowledge and contacts.
• Professional approach with strong leadership and team building attributes.
• Full clean DL and flexibility to travel to customers.
There is an excellent senior level salary and package on offer for the successful candidate.
The successful applicant must be within 90 mins of NW England/North Wales office,
If you are interested in this position or indeed any of our vacancies then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Greg Carroll on 0131 2265060.