Store Manager - Dublin
Job type: Permanent
RESPONSIBLE TO: REGIONAL MANAGER
RESPONSIBLE FOR: The Store Manager has overall responsibility for managing, controlling and developing the business to maximise sales and achieve agreed sales and profit targets. In addition the Store Manager is responsible for the effective management of the team, stock management and the security & maintenance of the store.
1. MANAGING PEOPLE
The Store Manager must lead, motivate, guide and encourage individuals and teams to achieve
sales/profit targets by:
- recruiting for Cash & Carry Assistants positions in line with Company recruitment policies and procedures.
- inducting and training new staff in the store and developing team to full potential.
- regularly reviewing performance and annually completing performance reviews for Duty
Manager and Cash & Carry Assistants, and agreeing performance ratings for their team.
- identifying and agreeing training needs for their team and planning to meet those needs by
arranging suitable training/coaching locally within their store.
- delegating key tasks and responsibilities to the Duty Manager (and Supervisor if applicable).
- dealing with incidents of unsatisfactory performance.
- dealing with any disciplinary issues which may arise, in conjunction with the Regional Manager
& HR department.
- ensuring all staff are aware of sales goals and targets.
- encouraging staff to put forward ideas and suggestions to enhance the working environment
and improves sales opportunities.
- regularly communicating relevant staff matters to the Regional Manager.
- ensuring, through regular meetings, that all staff are fully conversant with promotions,
incentives, sales information, special events, training activities and new/changes in Company
- fostering a culture of safety awareness and ensuring compliance with Company Policy and
Systems on Health & Safety and environmental issues.
2. STORE OPERATIONS
The Store Manager is responsible for the following:
- ensuring adequate staffing levels are in place.
- the security of premises, stock, cash and computers.
- Building and car park maintenance.
- Efficient store administration procedures (as detailed on the Intranet).
- ensuring that all store procedures and systems, as detailed on the Intranet e.g. Till
Procedures, Banking, Stock management are carried out/completed as per Company standard.
- ensuring that all merchandising/displays/stock/shelves are clean and tidy in accordance with
- ensuring that effective stock rotation is carried out.
- ensuring that all stock coding and pricing are correct.
- allocating aisle responsibilities to each member of the team.
- Proactively managing the stock system ensuring all team members are fully trained and competent.
3. CUSTOMER SERVICE
The Store Manager is responsible for ensuring that high levels of customer service are maintained in the store, by:
- ensuring the effective deployment of staff in the store.
- seeking and obtaining feedback from customers on service levels.
- ensuring sales areas are appropriately merchandised.
- Regularly reviewing stock profiles to ensure they meet customer demands and that the store is performing to the Company stock management standards and procedures.
- ensuring the team is motivated, confident and knowledgeable in delivering the brand and vision “Every Customer Will Recommend Us”.
- ensuring all staff answer the telephone in a polite and courteous manner and within the Company guidelines.
- Effectively resolving customer complaints in line with Company policy & procedures.
4. SALES/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
The Store Manager is responsible for achieving and exceeding monthly/quarterly/annual sales and profit targets within their store, by:
- identifying and generating new business by creating sales opportunities in order to achieve and improve upon sales targets, including exclusive product lines.
- Understanding and being fully knowledgeable about the market, existing customers, potential customers and the activities of competitors.
- initiating local promotional activity.
- Actively developing the business by calling on existing and new customers, reporting on these activities to the Regional Manager.
- establishing and developing good relationships with key customers & colleges.
- obtaining feedback on sales initiatives and customer service and putting forward ideas to improve the business and overall sales.
- maintaining Company merchandising and presentation standards (Visual Thinking).
- promoting the Privilege Points Scheme.
- being responsible for the sales, care and maintenance of salon furniture.
- ensuring the full salon design service is offered to customers and to follow up on any quotes and leads.
- promoting and selling customer training courses and special events.
In addition to these key tasks, the Store Manager has responsibility for:
- adhering to all Company policies and systems including Health & Safety.
- co-ordinating and promoting best practise in the store.
- attending Company management meetings.
- Effective communication with HO departments .
- promoting the Company’s Aims and values and setting an example by own behaviour and
adherence to these standards, always acting with the best interests of the Company in mind.
- demonstrating a commitment to continuous personal learning and development.
- undertaking other tasks, which may be reasonably requested by the Company.
• Basic salary of circa €30 k (depending on experience)
• Great Pension Scheme
• Bonus Scheme and uncapped commission
• 28 days holiday
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Gary Laverty on 0161 833 0181. Looking to interview a.s.a.p.
Gary Laverty / Senior Consultant
+44 (0) 161 833 0181
Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Senior Account Manager, Sales Executive, Senior Sales Executive, FMCG, FMCG, BDM, Business Development Manager, Cosmetics, Fragrance, Beauty, Haircare