Food Technologist, South East England
Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
My client is a very well-established ambient food producer in Central London who are looking for a Food Technologist to join their team. This vacancy is a fantastic opportunity to join a global company in the heart of London
• Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, you will have full responsibility for all technical aspects of key customers which are under your remit.
• You will be responsible for managing the technical interface between the business and the relevant customers.
• You will maintain Food Safety & Quality Management systems to best practice standards, getting mature knowledge of the internal quality management systems and ensuring compliance on the day to day tasks performed.
• You will be responsible to provide required food safety and quality training to colleagues required as part of the quality team.
• Due to the high degree of interaction and collaboration with our customers, suppliers and service contractors you should be prepared to travel as required, sometimes internationally
• Audit and approve third party manufacturers to ensure they meet technical and quality requirements
• Investigating customer complaints and documenting non-conformances
• Liaising with customers, suppliers and regulatory bodies
• Ideally have a degree qualification ideally in a relevant discipline or equivalent
• Sound technical background, with a minimum 3 years’ experience in the food industry in a quality / technical role
• An excellent communicator, with proven interpersonal and negotiation skills, you should be able to demonstrate experience of establishing and maintaining relationships with all levels of customers, suppliers, external contacts, colleagues etc
• A working knowledge of Quality and Food safety standards (GMP, ISO, HACCP)
What is on Offer
• £28,000 - £33,000 per annum
• Attractive Benefits
if the above role could be of interest and you would like further information, please call Dominic Wallen at DR Newitt Recruitment on 0131 226 5060