Market Leading Ambient Food Manufacturer now looking to recruit…
The Quality Manager is responsible for managing the Liverpool site technical quality team to ensure that products are safe, legal, and manufactured to standards that meet or exceed all specifications. The Quality Manager will be responsible for ensuring all aspects of Food Safety compliance for the site, including production, ensuring full compliance to internal and external product specifications, managing all aspects of customer complaints for the site and for the management of the site quality team as well.
• Managing the day to day activities of the QA team on site.
• Maintaining and auditing the Quality Management System including BRC.
• Ensuring the HACCP system is adhered to and managing site audit schedules to ensure compliance.
• Liaising with customers on quality issues and co-ordinating customer visits / audits.
• Proactively communicating information to the business on technical performance.
• Managing training of the QA team and Technical training of site colleagues
• Carrying out regular internal audits to ensure all systems and standards are in place.
• Ensuring all products comply with customer specifications.
• Conduct root cause analysis when necessary.
• Carry out sampling, quality testing, positive release of finished goods and control movement of stock & notify supervisor of any quality or food issues.
• Attend customer sites audits and agree/amend any issues.
• Proven track record at Quality Management level.
• Detailed understanding of Food and Environmental Legislation is a must.
• Experience with Quality Control checks and Food Safety compliance on site.
• Site Audits experience (BRC) and ensuring all required documentation is fully updated and available for each audit in advance.
• Product Analysis experience.
• Knowledge of HACCP, TACCP and VACCP standards.
• Working in collaboration with other departments in company.
• Experience with resolving issues.
Mon-Fri 8am-4pm with flexibility
25 days holiday + 8 Stats
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.