Farm Manager, Scotland
Sector: General Manufacturing
Job type: Permanent
Are you looking for an exciting new Agricultural role? Our client, a well-known and well-regarded food business based in Scotland are currently seeking a Crop & Agriculture Manager.
My client is one of the major suppliers of fresh vegetables in the UK and is a dynamic and customer-focused business and these are exactly the kind of qualities we look for in their employees.
As a Senior Member of the Site's Senior Management Team, you will have responsibility for managing a busy growing and harvesting operation
• Managing the complete growing chain, from initial input to finished outputs
• Forward planning, ensuring that the crops are profitable and meets projected financial targets
• Control all aspects of the growing and harvesting of the crops
• Making policy decisions
• Budgeting and maintaining accurate financial records
• Organising sales and purchases, farm equipment, crops and agricultural products
• Handling paperwork and keeping administrative records
• Recruiting, training/instructing and supervising farm and agency workers
• Making sure that work progresses satisfactorily
• Ensuring compliance with company policy’s, health and safety standards and customers regulations.
• Keeping an up-to-date knowledge of pests and diseases
• Help coordinate the maintenance/repair of farm property, equipment and machinery
A Crop & Agriculture manager should understand that variations in workloads relate to seasonal demands – some unsocial hours may be necessary during busy periods, crop managers will be expected to deal with emergencies.
• The successful candidate will have previous experience within Agronomy or Crop Management
• Excellent knowledge of Fresh Produce and Major Retailer demands
• It would be advantageous to have academic qualifications such as the following; Diploma in Agriculture, Diploma in Farm Management, BASIS, FACTS
• Initiative, Flexibility, Good communication, Analytical skills, IT skills, Technical knowledge of the environment, Marketing and commercial acumen
What’s on offer?
In return, the Company will offer a very competitive salary & benefits package as well as the opportunity to raise your profile in a dynamic and challenging company environment.
If you are interested in this position, then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01312265060.