Factory Manager, South East England
Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
Our client has earned a place as a market leader from a strong combination of tradition and innovation. For years this Food Manufacturer has supplied into an impressive range of customers. It is also important to stress this business has been very resilient to the COVID Climate and the popularity of products shows no signs of diminishing! With a very low turnover of staff and a real emphasis on high quality products, now a fantastic opportunity arises to join this successful outfit...
The purpose of the role is to take overall responsibility for the Factory and Production team at the facility, continuously seeking to identify and capitalise on improvement opportunities, whilst ensuring the highest standards of quality and compliance throughout the factory at all times.
• Ensure that the factory operation is run effectively on a day to day basis to meet its objectives
• Drive and improve the performance across the manufacturing facility with a key focus on operational performance.
• Set and work to KPI's that will cover health and safety, quality, labour, operations, and cost
• Lead, engage and develop all production staff to work efficiently and effectively in a safe and repeatable manner to meet the daily production requirements.
• Consistent analysis of factory performance to identify opportunities to deliver continuous improvement across all areas of the operation, implementing changes when necessary
• Ensure that all factory operations comply with Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental legislation and exceed the required standards
• Liaise with the engineering manager to ensure that all machinery is maintained, and any issues are resolved with no or minimal impact to the running of the factory.
• Manage any staffing issues, production management reviews, disciplinaries etc with the support of HR
• Develop your management team with monthly appraisals and feedback. Provide a personal Development Plan for each staff member to provide succession and development
• Analyse daily production data, identifying and resolving any production issues
• Assist with production budgets and forecasting, ensuring complete adherence to customer specifications and at optimum cost/efficiency.
• Develop, collaborate and engage strong cross functional relationships (R&D, Technical, Commercial, etc), to eliminate loss and enable growth, to include new and existing products are manufactured on time and in specifications to meet customer demand
• Planning, ensure service level agreements, internal service level and attainment to plan metrics are at a minimum maintained and long term improved
• Planning: ensure weekly labour planning is aligned to the master schedule labour requirement. Flexing volumes to ensuring the business maintains the metrics concerning planning as above whilst delivering and improving weekly labour cost
• Good verbal communication skills
• Strategic thinking
• Inspirational leadership skills that drive team engagement
• Production background in Food Manufacturing (ideally low and high care)
• Proven experience of improving factory performance
• Experience in driving continuous improvement
• Lean/Six Sigma would be advantageous
Discretionary bonus scheme
Salary Sacrifice pension scheme
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.