A brand NEW position for a Factory Manager has become available at our client based in central Scotland for a company who have been market leaders in their industry for many years.
Our exclusive client is a highly regarded manufacturing business with interests across the F&D sector, operating from multiple well-invested sites across the UK. The business offers a great range of branded and own-label products to top-tier retailers. Focusing on developing and supporting their employees to produce great quality products, made safely and sustainably, delivered to retailers on time every time.
To further support a collaborative team, our client now wishes to appoint an experienced Factory General Manager possessing a track record of success within FMCG manufacturing.
Leading the combined Manufacturing & Engineering teams at their largest facility, efficiently managing and co-ordinating all aspects of our core manufacturing processes while driving a culture of operational and engineering excellence, safe working practices, customer service and continuous learning and improvement across all areas.
• Ensure that all manufacturing teams across the site achieve Operational target levels on Key Performance Indicators i.e., OEE, Conformance to Plan, Line Efficiency and Conformance to Changeover
• Work with Operations & Engineering managers to develop and implement a best practice-Operational Excellence programme (including TPM & engineering excellence)
• Ensure all Engineering and Manufacturing activities are undertaken in accordance with the agreed procedures and specifications such that the finished products integrity is not compromised
• Work with the extended Operations team (customer service, planning, warehouse, & logistics) to streamline end to end business processes & simplify ways of working
• Ensure robust & optimised forward looking planning process/SKU optimisation thought leadership to maximise efficiency, service & P&L
• Lead SNR project managers, ensuring full support & accountability for NPD, EPD & business programmes
• Ensure that the Engineering and manufacturing teams have an effective asset care system in place to support optimum manufacturing outputs and develop & implement a clear plan to transition from a reactive to a proactive maintenance model
• Support the development of a 5-year plan for spares cost/contractor optimisation, overhaul optimisation and electricity/energy waste reduction
• Support the development of a 5 site Capex plan which ensures that the production capacity capability meets the on going needs of the business (replacement of obsolete equipment, upgrades in line with P&L & Market standards, forward looking PD capability)
• Develop & manage supplier performance scorecards & processes, holding suppliers accountable to delivery of KPI’s, building strong partnerships & ensuring value for money on all manufacturing & engineering supplier relationships & contractors
• Management Develop and maintain People Development Culture for the Manufacturing & Engineering Department Including PDR, training & succession planning
• Ensure all staff work within accordance to the company’s Hygiene, Health and Safety regulations.
• Full P&L responsibility, including driving engagement & accountability for targets
• Detailed knowledge of best practice Manufacturing and Engineering
• Demonstrable delivery of operational excellence principles that have been fully sustained and embedded.
• Track record of developing and implementing transformational change programs that realise performance improvement through structure, capability and ways of working
• Proven leadership ability & ability to lead & inspire teams & individuals (Ideally >10 years)
• Proven continuous improvement knowledge & transformation deployment (Ideally >5 years)
• Strong strategic project management skills with the ability to influence multi-functional teams to deliver complex projects
• Computer literate
• Strong commercial acumen and understanding of the contribution Manufacturing can make to the business's financial performance
• P&L Budget management experience
• Strong knowledge of food manufacturing, hygiene, quality systems, health and safety
What’s on offer?
A commensurate starting salary
Increased company pension
34 days annual leave
With an additional staff benefits package detailed on qualification
37.5 hours per week. Working pattern: Monday to Friday
If you are interested in this position, then please forward a copy of your most up-to-date CV to Simon Norris.
Due to the high number of applications, you will only be contacted if your CV is of interest to the role.